Advantages of Studying MBBS in Philippines
1.Recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI): Students
will get ‘Eligibility Certificate’ from MCI & can practice in India after appearing for Screening Test. After Graduating students can apply for Government jobs in India and do PG/MD/MS courses in India.
2. Medical Universities Listed in the World Health Organization (WHO) Geneva, FAIMER etc. Graduates can apply for license with Medical Councils of more than 180 countries.
3. Full English Medium Teaching for all Faculties
4 .Affordable education, accommodation & living cost.
5. American Style PBL Curriculum. Eligible appear sit for USMLE.
6. Philippines is the fourth Largest English speaking country in the world. Education system similar to that of USA, as a result of a long relation with USA.
7. Medical & Nursing education geared towards Employment in USA/ UK and easy to pass USMLE [Medical] , CGFNS, NCLEX [ Nursing]
8. Since English is the language of communication and language of instruction in Universities, No need to learn another to talk to patients [Medical students] Therefore providing a better understanding of the subjects.
9.One of the largest immigrant community in USA is Filipinos
10.The Philippines has the highest English literacy rate in Asia – 93.8%.
11.The Philippines attracts students from more than 65 countries. Students from the United States and Europe, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand and Hong Kong are also studying in the Philippines
But there is a catch
Universities in Philippines follows American system of education. The medical UG course ( India’s MBBS) is divided into 2 parts, BS+MD. BS is 2 years course followed by 4 years of MD. Between BS and MD, students need to appear for an exam called NMAT. ( National medical aptitude test). Students need to score over 40 percentile in this test to qualify for MD course. Generally, Indian students clear this exam as you need to score 40 percentile only. ( Hope you know the difference between percentage and percentile). Also, you can take NMAT exam again ( it happens every 6 months) but still continue your course. But within 3 attempts, you need to clear NMAT.
So if you are confident of clearing this exam, go for Philippines. It is the best country to study barring this factor.
Garvita Varma, www.gkworks.in counselor